Converting from Argonaut Software
After searching for the best way to provide customers with a modern and streamlined practice management system, Argonaut Software has chosen to partner with TherapyNotes to offer Argonaut customers an upgrade path to TherapyNotes, one of the largest and most trusted practice management and EMR systems nationwide. Argonaut will discontinue support for their software on December 15, 2016, and our team at TherapyNotes is working hard to ensure that your transition between systems is as smooth as possible. Visit our blog for more information on this agreement.
To jumpstart your TherapyNotes account, we'll import much of your data for you. For the data we're unable to import, we'll provide you with the resources and tools you need to get started quickly. Our incredible support team will help you at every step throughout your transition and beyond.
How to get started
- Create your TherapyNotes account: Before we can begin your conversion to TherapyNotes, you will need to create an account. Your first month with TherapyNotes is free. If you are a part of a group practice, only one user should create an account.
- Schedule a demo: Our demos give you the opportunity to explore our software's powerful practice management features with a member of our sales team. Schedule a TherapyNotes demo to get a closer look at TherapyNotes.
- Call our support team: Once you've created your TherapyNotes account and you're ready to move your data to TherapyNotes, let us know! We'll answer any questions you may have and schedule a date to import your Argonaut data into TherapyNotes. Once your data has been imported, we will notify you via email.
- Configure your TherapyNotes settings: While our team is working to import your data, take some time to get to know TherapyNotes and configure your account to suit the unique needs of your practice. When you're logged in to your account, click on the User Icon in the upper right corner of TherapyNotes, and select Settings to view and edit your settings. To start, we recommend editing your Practice Information, enabling your Client Portal, and enabling Patient Credit Card Processing.To ensure that your practice remains HIPAA-compliant, please download our Business Associate Agreement and upload your signed copy on your TherapyNotes Subscription settings page.
Reference Quick Start - Set Up Your TherapyNotes Account for additional help setting up your account. Note: When following Quick Start - Set Up Your TherapyNotes Account, you may skip Part 4: Add Patients. We will import your existing patient data into TherapyNotes from Argonaut for you.
- Add your staff to your account: If you are a part of a group practice with Argonaut, add additional staff to your account as Staff Users. Click on the User Icon, select Settings, and click "Staff User Accounts" to create a new user. For each clinician you add, click on the "Work Schedule" tab of their profile to input their scheduled work hours into TherapyNotes. Refer to Part 3: Staff User Accounts in Quick Start - Set Up Your TherapyNotes Account for additional instruction. Note: Each TherapyNotes user can have different roles. The roles assigned to each user determine what they can access in TherapyNotes.
Parked Argonaut customers: TherapyNotes offers a storage-only mode to keep your data safe and secure. To move your stored Argonaut data to TherapyNotes, create a TherapyNotes account and contact our support team.
What we're converting for you
- Patient information: Information that you have on file for your patients in Argonaut (including name, birth date, address, contact information, insurance information, and appointment reminder preferences) will be included in the patient's chart in TherapyNotes.
- Patient contacts: Emergency contacts and financially responsible contacts (called the "Responsible Party for Billing" in TherapyNotes) will be imported and included in the patient's chart.
- Notes, Treatment Plans, and History: Your notes for each patient will be included in the patient's chart as PDF files for each note type (Progress Notes, Psychotherapy Notes, Treatment Plan History, Diagnosis History, Medication History, and General Notes), available under the "Notes" tab of the patient's chart. For your future notes, you'll have access to our powerful note templates which have been specifically designed for psychotherapy or psychiatry based on exhaustive research.
- Patient files: Any patient files uploaded in Argonaut will be imported and available under the "Notes" tab of the patient's chart in TherapyNotes.
- Insurance payer information: For each payer on file in Argonaut, we'll make our best attempt to match that payer with an existing insurance payer within TherapyNotes and add that payer to your account automatically. If we can't match a payer, we'll add a custom payer in your TherapyNotes account. Note: We recommend double-checking your payers in TherapyNotes for accuracy.
What we can't import
While Argonaut and TherapyNotes share a commitment to providing customers with the best possible practice management software, there are ways in which our software products are fundamentally different. Because of these differences, some data from your Argonaut account cannot be imported into TherapyNotes with accuracy and will need to be added manually, if desired. Once we've finished importing your data into TherapyNotes, you'll be able to add or upload additional Argonaut data associated with specific patients.
- Billing data: Previously recorded transactions and billing records in Argonaut will not be imported to TherapyNotes. However, you can download available records from Argonaut and upload these documents as files in a patient's chart. Argonaut offers two ways to export your billing data:
- Go to the Charges and Payments page for the client in Argonaut. Save the page as a PDF through your browser. Upload these PDFs to the patient's chart in TherapyNotes.
- Argonaut customers can request a Practice Data Export from Argonaut, which includes charges and payments for all appointments. Information for each client can be saved into a spreadsheet for the client. Upload these spreadsheets to the patient's chart in TherapyNotes.
- Appointments: Upcoming appointments that you scheduled in Argonaut will need to be added in TherapyNotes. With our robust scheduling system, you can easily create one-time or recurring appointments, set staff work schedules, and add practice-wide events. To transfer your scheduled appointments from Argonaut to TherapyNotes, go to your Calendar in Argonaut, view one week at a time, and schedule the appointment in TherapyNotes by clicking on Scheduling at the top of your screen and clicking the blue "+ Create New Appointment" button. For further instruction on scheduling appointments in TherapyNotes, read Quick Start - Scheduling.
- Client portal data and forms: Once you enable TherapyPortal, your own custom client portal, give your clients access to TherapyPortal by sending a welcome email from the patient's chart. For more information, read Manage Your Patient's Client Portal Accounts.
Currently, TherapyNotes does not offer a way to accept intake paperwork over TherapyPortal. Argonaut eForms can be saved as PDFs and uploaded to the patient's chart in TherapyNotes.
- Other practice settings: TherapyNotes offers plenty of settings that you can configure to ensure that TherapyNotes fits your practice's needs. For additional information on configuring settings in TherapyNotes, we recommend reading Quick Start - Set Up Your TherapyNotes Account.